If you cannot work whilst listening to music, try not to leave your IPOD or MP3 player in easy reach when studying. Whatever distraction you have, find a way to reduce its impact by distancing it or setting a time and place for it that is outside of your study time.
Instead of relying purely on information from the internet, which although good can be limited and repetitive, you can purchase low-cost invaluable self-help books for procrastination. Don't feel overloaded with endless sources of information online. This blog provides you with a set of online resources designed to help you, and these books will help you step up your efforts even further.
Recommended Books from the above links:
- Procrastination: Why You Do It, What to Do About it.
- The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done
- Do It Tomorrow and Other Secrets of Time Management
- Still Procrastinating: The No Regrets Guide to Getting It Done
- The Procrastinator's Guide to Getting Things Done
- If you like identifying your own particular style try: It's About Time!: The Six Styles of Procrastination and How to Overcome Them
There is no substitute for hard work.
Good Luck and Happy Studying!